Friday 26th – Sunday 28th October 2018
Venue & Travel:
Kingston University, Penrhyn Road, Kingston, Surrey, KT1 2EE. The congress is taking place in the John Galsworthy Building, rooms 2002, 2004 and 2012.
On-campus parking is available for £2.70 per day in the south-eastern (Fassett Road) wing of the campus. Alternatively, the venue is a 15-minute walk from Kingston Station. Bus routes 71, 281, 406, 418, 671, K2 and K3 all stop directly outside the venue.
Refreshments are available from the Learning Resources Centre Café (until 10pm on Friday; 10-5 on Saturday and Sunday). There is WiFi, and an ATM can be found to the left of the reception entrance.
Frank Winter FIDE Open: No upper rating limit. Incorporates the SCCU Championship. 1st prize £200; 2nd prize £100; 3rd prize £50; grading prize £50.
Erik Weimann FIDE Major: U1900 FIDE and U160 ECF. 1st prize £200; 2nd prize £100; 3rd prize £50; grading prize £50.
Bill Waterton Minor: U130 ECF. 1st prize £200; 2nd prize £100; 3rd prize £50; grading prize £50.
All three sections are 5-round Swiss tournaments: no-one is knocked out.
SCCU Championship / British Championship Qualification:
The highest placed eligible player in the Open section will be awarded the title of 2018-19 SCCU Champion, and qualify for the 2019 British Championship in Torquay.
90 minutes for all moves + 30 seconds per move
Round 1: Fri 26 Oct, 18:00 – 22:00
Round 2: Sat 27 Oct, 10:00 – 14:00
Round 3: Sat 27 Oct, 15:00 – 19:00
Round 4: Sun 28 Oct, 10:00 – 14:00
Round 5: Sun 28 Oct, 15:00 – 19:00
Open and Major: English players (i.e. those registered with FIDE as ENG) must be Gold or Platinum members of the ECF or pay an additional £10.50 pay-to-play fee.
Minor: All players must be Silver, Gold or Platinum members of the ECF or pay an additional £7.50 pay-to-play fee.
£30 for entries received by Monday 22nd October.
£35 for entries received from Tuesday 23rd October.
£40 for entries on the day, at the Chief Arbiter’s discretion.
• Players arriving more than half an hour late may be deemed to have lost their game by default. Players present without an opponent can expect to be re-paired half an hour after the round has started.
• A half point bye is permitted provided it is applied for with entry or not later than the end of the previous round. No half point byes will be permitted in the final round.
• The prize money that may be won by any ungraded player in the Major or Minor tournaments shall be limited to one third of the 1st prize for that event.
• Mobile phones must be turned off and placed on the table next to the board during play or stored in a bag under the table.
• We store your personal data for the duration of the congress and a period afterwards to facilitate the ECF grading and/or FIDE rating of your games. Your name and the results of the games you play may be permanently stored and displayed on our website. We may store your email address and use it to advise you of future events unless you ask us to delete it after the congress and grading/ rating processes have been completed.
• The Congress operates the Surrey County Chess Association Child Protection Policy, the full details of which can be found at www.scca.co.uk
• Juniors under 12 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. It is also recommended that juniors above the age of 12 be similarly accompanied or if that is not possible then by a responsible adult
• If you suspect a child is being abused, immediately inform the Congress Director or one of his deputies
Still Have a Question?
Contact Mike Gunn, email@example.com